Employer of Choice
Balwyn High School is one of Victoria’s leading schools. The school, located in
the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, is acclaimed for its outstanding academic achievements,
its innovative and responsive programs and the broad range of co-curricular activities.
These are just some of the reasons for Balwyn High School being one of the most
highly respected schools in Australia.
Why choose Balwyn High School as your place of employment?
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best possible staff. Our goal is
to be an employer of choice and we believe this is achieved through the opportunities
and support that we provide current and prospective staff.
A clear sense of direction and purposee have articulated our Vision, Values and
Mission. This framework guides Balwyn High School as a learning community that is
steeped in thinking and deep understanding, that engenders respect for all its members,
and that produces students ready to face the world as responsible, thinking members
of a diverse society. We want the very best outcomes for our students.
When you become a teacher, you join a profession charged with the privilege of preparing
young people with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to equip them for the future.
This is a challenging mission, but it is one that is enacted in a professional community
of practice at Balwyn High School.
Exceptional Opportunities for Professional Learning
The school accepts that we have a reciprocal obligation to provide the support and
professional learning to enable teachers to personalise learning for students. The
opportunities for on-going professional learning provide a vibrant, stimulating
and engaging environment for teachers. The following program will support your professional
- Site based professional learning program where teachers share their practice
- Comprehensive Induction program
- Multiple sources of feedback on your teaching
- Peer observation and coaching to improve instruction
- Mentoring support for the first two years
- Professional Learning Teams to collaborate and share practice
- Performance and Development framework provides for regular review of individual
goals and active support in their achievement
- External high quality professional development
- Comprehensive leadership development program and opportunities
You will be treated as a professional
Our expectiations of teachers are high because we know that student learning outcomes
are determined by the quality of their teachers. However we are not looking for
teachers who have arrived but those who are on a learning journey - those who are
open, continuous learners who want an environment that will nurture their on-going
growth and development. We invite applications from teachers with all levels of
experience, from Graduate to Expert. We are deeply committed to creating an environment
that enables people to thrive in their professional practice.
Balwyn High School is an Employer of Choice - we invite your application.
Applicants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the school through the
Instructions for all applicants
Applicants are free to structure applications in any manner they choose, but must
ensure that the following are included:
- a specific response to all of the selection criteria and position details. It is
suggested that applicants limit their response to no more than 7 pages
- a cover sheet providing the name of the applicant and record number (where appropriate),
home address and telephone number, telephone number of the school(s) or location
where the applicant can be contacted, the position you are applying for and the
vacancy number of the position
- a CV with a summary of experience and qualifications
- the names and contact details of up to three referees who can provide information
regarding the applicant in relation to the key selection criteria.
More information about the school can be obtained through the following links.